The department of Opthalmology at AKG Memorial Co-operative Hospital Kannur has been functioning from1980.
We are having the latest diagnostic and surgical facilities for the routine eye examinations and Opthalmic surgeries. There is a multi speciality approach by pioneers in medical, surgical, neurologiacal and neuro surgical departments working in an integrated setting to provide the highest quality of services to the patients. This multispeciality approach ensure care of primary disorders of the eye and also eye problems related to other systemic diseases like diabetes, thyroid disorders, auto immune conditions, stroke etc.
- Screening and detection of Cataract, Glaucoma and Diabetic retinopathy.
- Surgeries (Phalkoemulsification/Keyhole surgery) for Cataract, Trabeculectomy for glaucoma and lasers for diabetic retinopathy.
- A scan of eye.
- Orbital surgeries for emergency eye trauma.
- Our other emergency services 24 hours include
- Chemical injuries of eye.
- Eye trauma associated with head injury.
- Foreign body removal.
- Management of sudden loss of vision and painful eye.
- Free eye camps.
We have operation theatre complex constructed exclusively for patient safety and comfort. Our other services include:-
- Spectacle and contact lens prescriptions
- Management of paediatric eye problems
- Refractive errors
- Routine eye check up to detect lazy eye
- Congenital cataract
- Childhood glaucoma
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Tear duct obstruction
- Eye check in children with neurological problems and genetic conditions
- Indirect opthalmoscopy